Challenging the boundaries of manufacturing
The MTC represents one of the largest public sector investments in manufacturing for many years and is housed in a 12,000 square metre purpose built facility at Ansty Park, Coventry. The centre opened in 2011 and was founded by the University of Birmingham, Loughborough University, the University of Nottingham and TWI Ltd, our industrial members include some of the UK’s major global manufacturers.
We provide a high quality environment for the development of cutting edge technologies into manufacturing processes with the aim of delivering truly innovative solutions to UK industry.
The MTC is an open access centre. We provide a flexible approach to working with companies of all sizes from SMEs to Tier 1s and large OEMs supplemented by a membership scheme which creates a collaborative research programme.
Kennametal is the latest MTC Member
Kennametal Inc., a global industrial technology leader specializing in innovative wear-resistant products has become the latest member of the MTC
BAE Systems becomes Manufacturing Technology Centre’s latest Tier One Member
BAE Systems, the global defence and aerospace leader, has become the latest member of the Manufacturing Technology Centre.
Alicona joins Manufacturing Technology Centre
A world leader in form and roughness measurement and metrology has become the latest member of the pioneering Manufacturing Technology Centre in Coventry.
BBC Technology News Feed: www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology/
- BBC: Oracle boss Larry Ellison steps down
- BBC: IBM's Watson rolled out to business
- BBC: Apple toughens iCloud security
- BBC: Giant sensor for Panasonic phone
- BBC: Sony predicts increased losses
- BBC: Nigerian bank robbery nets millions
- BBC: Judge overturns Uber ban in Germany
- BBC: Instagram adverts are 'coming soon'
- BBC: Drivers warned about smartwatch use
- BBC: NewsCorp: Google platform for piracy
- BBC: 3D printer telescope snaps moon pics
- BBC: Users frustrated by Apple iOS update
- BBC: US military contractors hit by hacks
- BBC: Microsoft cuts more than 2,000 jobs
- BBC: eBay attack puts its buyers at risk
- BBC: Skin printer and bee probe win award
- BBC: 'Artificial eye' to detect particles
- BBC: Chin strap turns chewing into power
- BBC: Canon printer hacked to run Doom
- BBC: Glimpse at the High Street 2020
- BBC: India's farmers turn to technology
- BBC: What will Alibaba do with $25bn?
- BBC: Minecraft and Microsoft: What now?
- BBC: Build your Martian dream home
- BBC: Africa's first education tablet
- BBC: Seven amazing Minecraft creations
- BBC: VIDEO: Alibaba makes waves in California
- BBC: AUDIO: FT redesign part of 'digital strategy'
- BBC: VIDEO: Smart mirror offers wrinkle advice
- BBC: VIDEO: Tech for night-time photography
- BBC: VIDEO: Tech review: This week's headlines
- BBC: VIDEO: Intel's new dual-screen laptop
- BBC: AUDIO: Apple targets TV as a '1970s device'
- BBC: VIDEO: Indian launch for Android One phone
- BBC: VIDEO: Lasers deliver brighter 3D films
*Denotes required form fields.
"The MTC is an incredible place to complete a graduate placement. It is an amazing opportunity to work with clever people every day and share projects. We are managing the latest generation of equipment in order to develop new solutions for our future problems."
Research Engineer - Net Shape Manufacturing