Challenging the boundaries of manufacturing
The MTC represents one of the largest public sector investments in manufacturing for many years and is housed in a 12,000 square metre purpose built facility at Ansty Park, Coventry. It is a partnership between some of the UK’s major global manufacturers and the universities of Birmingham, Nottingham and Loughborough, and TWI Ltd.
We provide a high quality environment for the development of cutting edge technologies into manufacturing processes with the aim of delivering truly innovative solutions to UK industry.
The MTC is an open access centre. We provide a flexible approach to working with companies of all sizes from SMEs to Tier 1s and large OEMs supplemented by a membership scheme which creates a collaborative research programme.
The Manufacturing Technology Centre plans £36 Million Elite Training Centre
The pioneering Manufacturing Technology Centre at Ansty Park in Coventry has unveiled plans for a new £36 million elite training centre
MTC training manager wins top industry award
Tim Kyte has been presented with the 2013 EngTech Visionary Award by the Institution in recognition of his dedication to developing apprentices and giving them the opportunity to gain professionally recognised engineering technician status through the IMechE-approved scheme.
MTC unveil pioneering laser-cladding technology at European Conference
A world’s first hybrid manufacturing technology product developed at the Manufacturing Technology Centre has won a prestigious award.
BBC Technology News Feed: www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology/
- BBC: Coach crash eye tracker tested
- BBC: NatWest services hit by cyber attack
- BBC: Samsung reattempts botched update
- BBC: Warning over rare metals in gadgets
- BBC: Android app caught sharing ID data
- BBC: Wii games 'help control diabetes'
- BBC: DiCaprio in race for electric cars
- BBC: Samsung and Philips raided by EU
- BBC: Microsoft disrupts ZeroAccess botnet
- BBC: Lift-off for £1bn UK space project
- BBC: Aldi 'low-cost' tablet sells out
- BBC: Google lets users create Street View
- BBC: Warning over 4Chan Xbox One prank
- BBC: US and UK 'spy on virtual games'
- BBC: Police crackdown on pirate site ads
- BBC: Facebook develops 'sympathise' button
- BBC: Tech firms seek surveillance reform
- BBC: VIDEO: Cat ears link brain and computer
- BBC: VIDEO: Webscape: Create, mix and share videos
- BBC: The Saudi artist with one million Instagram followers
- BBC: Retrofit for purpose: New from old
- BBC: Could hi-tech make cyclists safer?
- BBC: UK Floods: Learning lessons from the past
- BBC: Universal credit - an IT fiasco?
- BBC: Is it ethical to block adverts online?
- BBC: Tagging your world
- BBC: Is piracy possible on any object?
- BBC: Reading our genes like computer code
- BBC: VIDEO: Why Rube Goldberg devices fascinate
- BBC: VIDEO: Ex-Rated: Should men fear this app?
- BBC: VIDEO: A peek at the future of video chat
- BBC: VIDEO: The minute before we knew
- BBC: VIDEO: NSA 'tracking' millions of mobiles
- BBC: VIDEO: Cashing in on Paul Walker's death
- BBC: VIDEO: Drone surveillance in DR Congo begins
- BBC: VIDEO: The fuel cell under Al Gore's London HQ
*Denotes required form fields.
"I'm never bored, and always challenged. "
Research Engineer, Intelligent Automation