Challenging the boundaries of manufacturing
The MTC represents one of the largest public sector investments in manufacturing for many years and is housed in a 12,000 square metre purpose built facility at Ansty Park, Coventry. The centre opened in 2011 and was founded by the University of Birmingham, Loughborough University, the University of Nottingham and TWI Ltd, our industrial members include some of the UK’s major global manufacturers.
We provide a high quality environment for the development of cutting edge technologies into manufacturing processes with the aim of delivering truly innovative solutions to UK industry.
The MTC is an open access centre. We provide a flexible approach to working with companies of all sizes from SMEs to Tier 1s and large OEMs supplemented by a membership scheme which creates a collaborative research programme.
MTC recognised as a top apprentice employer
The Manufacturing Technology Centre in Coventry has been listed as one of the top apprenticeship employers in the UK, a sought after accolade for the pioneering centre. The announcement was made at The Apprentice Awards at The Skills Show at the NEC.
Top Airbus and BAE Learning Specialist to run Advanced Manufacturing Training Centre
A senior development specialist who has worked with Airbus and BAE has been appointed as managing director of the Advanced Manufacturing Training Centre
Bosch Rexroth joins the Manufacturing Technology Centre
Bosch Rexroth has become the latest company to join the Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC) in Coventry.
BBC Technology News Feed: www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology/
- BBC: Facebook hosted Rigby murder chat
- BBC: Amazon to deliver via post offices
- BBC: Google case over web abuse settled
- BBC: BT in talks to buy O2 from Telefonica
- BBC: New web data powers plan for police
- BBC: Smartphone eye team in funds appeal
- BBC: The trouble with Bob Geldof's advice
- BBC: 'Stealthy' spyware program uncovered
- BBC: Breached webcam site owner seeks job
- BBC: Watchmakers take aim at smart copies
- BBC: Police arrest suspected film pirates
- BBC: Degree apprenticeships launched
- BBC: HP revenues fails to impress markets
- BBC: Sony Pictures computer system hacked
- BBC: Older children turn to online viewing
- BBC: Twitter exec in direct message gaffe
- BBC: Steve Jobs biopic moves to Universal
- BBC: VIDEO: TV technology for the 2020 Olympics
- BBC: Tech firms criticised by Rigby report
- BBC: VIDEO: Mobile showers for the homeless
- BBC: Tech sector leading Ukraine's revival
- BBC: The challenge of unmasking net users
- BBC: The couple who changed the way we shop
- BBC: Please clamber around the exhibit
- BBC: VIDEO: Max Mosley's bid to be 'forgotten'
- BBC: VIDEO: Can live events save TV ratings?
- BBC: VIDEO: How to hack a molecular microscope
- BBC: VIDEO: Festival celebrates indie gaming
- BBC: VIDEO: The computer circuits made of slime
- BBC: VIDEO: Should online surveillance be wider?
- BBC: VIDEO: 'Creating Google' for Myanmar
- BBC: VIDEO: Flying the 'Nintendo' fighter jet
- BBC: VIDEO: Meet Robo farmers Mantis and Ladybird
*Denotes required form fields.
"Our partnership with the MTC provides us with a collaborative environment, allowing for the realisation of a joint vision for UK Manufacturing. ATS are able to tap into the wealth of knowledge and experience that both the MTC, and other member organisations offer, which in turn delivers real value from our investment."
UK Managing Director, ATS Global