Challenging the boundaries of manufacturing
The MTC represents one of the largest public sector investments in manufacturing for many years and is housed in a 12,000 square metre purpose built facility at Ansty Park, Coventry. The centre opened in 2011 and was founded by the University of Birmingham, Loughborough University, the University of Nottingham and TWI Ltd, our industrial members include some of the UK’s major global manufacturers.
We provide a high quality environment for the development of cutting edge technologies into manufacturing processes with the aim of delivering truly innovative solutions to UK industry.
The MTC is an open access centre. We provide a flexible approach to working with companies of all sizes from SMEs to Tier 1s and large OEMs supplemented by a membership scheme which creates a collaborative research programme.
Kennametal is the latest MTC Member
Kennametal Inc., a global industrial technology leader specializing in innovative wear-resistant products has become the latest member of the MTC
BAE Systems becomes Manufacturing Technology Centre’s latest Tier One Member
BAE Systems, the global defence and aerospace leader, has become the latest member of the Manufacturing Technology Centre.
Alicona joins Manufacturing Technology Centre
A world leader in form and roughness measurement and metrology has become the latest member of the pioneering Manufacturing Technology Centre in Coventry.
BBC Technology News Feed: www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology/
- BBC: eBay attack puts its buyers at risk
- BBC: Apple releases U2 album removal tool
- BBC: Dixons to save 800 Phones 4U jobs
- BBC: Microsoft buys Minecraft for $2.5bn
- BBC: Tech firms want 'digital ministers'
- BBC: Chin strap turns chewing into power
- BBC: First Android One smartphones launch
- BBC: Debate on internet fast lanes ends
- BBC: Nigerian bank robbery nets millions
- BBC: Apple toughens iCloud security
- BBC: Drivers warned about smartwatch use
- BBC: IBM's Watson rolled out to business
- BBC: Giant sensor for Panasonic phone
- BBC: Judge overturns Uber ban in Germany
- BBC: Instagram adverts are 'coming soon'
- BBC: Sony predicts increased losses
- BBC: Canon printer hacked to run Doom
- BBC: VIDEO: Smart mirror offers wrinkle advice
- BBC: What will Alibaba do with $25bn?
- BBC: Who has won the social referendum?
- BBC: Minecraft and Microsoft: What now?
- BBC: Seven amazing Minecraft creations
- BBC: 'Honey I shrunk the ZX Spectrum'
- BBC: Build your Martian dream home
- BBC: Africa's first education tablet
- BBC: VIDEO: 'Vile thickos who populate twitter'
- BBC: VIDEO: Formula E ready to race
- BBC: VIDEO: Lasers deliver brighter 3D films
- BBC: VIDEO: The 'house of hacking horrors'
- BBC: VIDEO: Indian launch for Android One phone
- BBC: AUDIO: Apple targets TV as a '1970s device'
- BBC: VIDEO: Could this app teach you to dance?
- BBC: VIDEO: Alibaba makes waves in California
- BBC: AUDIO: FT redesign part of 'digital strategy'
*Denotes required form fields.
"It is my pleasure to contribute my skills and knowledge to a world class research centre. I feel proud when our ideas and solutions help to solve current and future manufacturing challenges. Certainly, it’s not business as usual."
Research Engineer - Intelligent Automation