Challenging the boundaries of manufacturing
The MTC represents one of the largest public sector investments in manufacturing for many years and is housed in a 12,000 square metre purpose built facility at Ansty Park, Coventry. The centre opened in 2011 and was founded by the University of Birmingham, Loughborough University, the University of Nottingham and TWI Ltd, our industrial members include some of the UK’s major global manufacturers.
We provide a high quality environment for the development of cutting edge technologies into manufacturing processes with the aim of delivering truly innovative solutions to UK industry.
The MTC is an open access centre. We provide a flexible approach to working with companies of all sizes from SMEs to Tier 1s and large OEMs supplemented by a membership scheme which creates a collaborative research programme.
International food producer is latest MTC member
Leading international convenience food producer Greencore Group plc has become the latest member of the Manufacturing Technology Centre in Coventry.
Unilever becomes Manufacturing Technology Centre's latest member
Unilever, owner of hundreds of well-known household brands, has become the latest member of the pioneering Manufacturing Technology Centre in Coventry.
Manufacturing Technology Centre Announces New Apprenticeship Programme
The pioneering Manufacturing Technology Centre at Ansty Park near Coventry has announced it is to recruit a further 40 new advanced engineering apprentices to take part in its ground-breaking advanced manufacturing training programme.
BBC Technology News Feed: www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology/
- BBC: Tinder to charge over-28s more
- BBC: Account data stolen in TalkTalk hack
- BBC: Huawei and LG unveil smartwatches
- BBC: Google backs down over Blogger porn
- BBC: BBC launches Richard III on WhatsApp
- BBC: VIDEO: 3D mapping Christ the Redeemer
- BBC: Google camera zips along rainforest
- BBC: US-Bangladesh writer hacked to death
- BBC: Islamic State threats to Twitter staff
- BBC: Millions share new Chinese character
- BBC: Xiaomi launches cheap action camera
- BBC: Ikea debuts phone-charging furniture
- BBC: Samsung S6 phone has curved screen
- BBC: HTC hints at Half-life VR game
- BBC: Sony and Microsoft focus on price
- BBC: Bill Gates tops Forbes rich list
- BBC: HTC to sell virtual reality headsets
- BBC: Fingerprint sensor sees through metal
- BBC: VIDEO: Sci-fi game Evolve reviewed
- BBC: VIDEO: DIY solution to share diabetes data
- BBC: 'Flying donkeys' coming to Africa
- BBC: VIDEO: Hands-on with LG Urbane smartwatches
- BBC: 'Robo-investing' reaches the masses
- BBC: Apps in pockets, bums on seats
- BBC: Are tablets falling out of favour?
- BBC: How do you catch a drone?
- BBC: Can technology help combat CV fraud?
- BBC: Has the world become too visual?
- BBC: Samsung tries to get an edge on its rivals
- BBC: Will Sony march away from mobile?
- BBC: VIDEO: The chair that assembles itself
- BBC: VIDEO: HTC virtual reality kit surprises
- BBC: VIDEO: Samsung pins hopes on curvy phone
- BBC: VIDEO: Is 2015 the year of 'eye-tracking'?
- BBC: VIDEO: The robots who build furniture
- BBC: VIDEO: Computer teaches itself to play games
- BBC: VIDEO: An eco-system inside your home
- BBC: VIDEO: Cuba 'keen to update poor internet'
*Denotes required form fields.
"Working at MTC gives me the opportunity to make a real difference to the Midland's and UK's economy. The MTC community is a fantastic network, a framework for delivering business success to multiple industrial sectors."
Technology Manager, Emerging Themes