Challenging the boundaries of manufacturing
The MTC represents one of the largest public sector investments in manufacturing for many years and is housed in a 12,000 square metre purpose built facility at Ansty Park, Coventry. The centre opened in 2011 and was founded by the University of Birmingham, Loughborough University, the University of Nottingham and TWI Ltd, our industrial members include some of the UK’s major global manufacturers.
We provide a high quality environment for the development of cutting edge technologies into manufacturing processes with the aim of delivering truly innovative solutions to UK industry.
The MTC is an open access centre. We provide a flexible approach to working with companies of all sizes from SMEs to Tier 1s and large OEMs supplemented by a membership scheme which creates a collaborative research programme.
General Motors becomes latest member of the MTC
General Motors, one of the world’s largest car manufacturers, has become the latest member of the pioneering Manufacturing Technology Centre in Coventry.
Kennametal is the latest MTC Member
Kennametal Inc., a global industrial technology leader specializing in innovative wear-resistant products has become the latest member of the MTC
BAE Systems becomes Manufacturing Technology Centre’s latest Tier One Member
BAE Systems, the global defence and aerospace leader, has become the latest member of the Manufacturing Technology Centre.
BBC Technology News Feed: www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology/
- BBC: Microsoft to phase out Nokia name
- BBC: Google changes 'to fight piracy'
- BBC: UK spy drones to fly over Syria
- BBC: Anonymising router project shut down
- BBC: Apple's iPhone sales boost earnings
- BBC: IBM pays $1.5bn to offload chip unit
- BBC: Some paedophiles 'won't be charged'
- BBC: Peers back revenge porn 'offence'
- BBC: China denies backing iCloud hack
- BBC: Staples investigating hack attack
- BBC: Concern raised over UK use of drones
- BBC: Nasa shares free sounds from space
- BBC: Would you 'beg' to pay for Tinder?
- BBC: Audi claims self-drive speed record
- BBC: Man guilty of fake-girl webcam sex
- BBC: Students build Oculus Moon robot
- BBC: Yahoo profits surge on Alibaba sale
- BBC: Minecraft city built in two years
- BBC: Tractor beam breaks distance record
- BBC: Tablet tennis a game-changer for WTA
- BBC: Search for world's smartest city
- BBC: VIDEO: Creating a $110 earthquake detector
- BBC: Will we podcast in virtual reality?
- BBC: Connecting India's offline millions
- BBC: Can data predict the perfect entrepreneur?
- BBC: Spy chief's parting warning on online privacy
- BBC: VIDEO: Tech review: This week's headlines
- BBC: VIDEO: Big league for gamers in Seoul
- BBC: VIDEO: Can technology plug NHS funding gap?
- BBC: VIDEO: App helps you wake up with a stranger
- BBC: VIDEO: Playing music with your brain
- BBC: VIDEO: New smart glasses 'look to rival Google'
- BBC: VIDEO: Man guilty of fake-girl webcam sex
- BBC: VIDEO: Take a look at the Dr Who video game
- BBC: VIDEO: Bringing internet to India's poorest
- BBC: VIDEO: Chloe Jasmine: Trolls should get a job
*Denotes required form fields.
"The MTC is an incredible place to complete a graduate placement. It is an amazing opportunity to work with clever people every day and share projects. We are managing the latest generation of equipment in order to develop new solutions for our future problems."
Research Engineer - Net Shape Manufacturing