Challenging the boundaries of manufacturing
The MTC represents one of the largest public sector investments in manufacturing for many years and is housed in a 12,000 square metre purpose built facility at Ansty Park, Coventry. The centre opened in 2011 and was founded by the University of Birmingham, Loughborough University, the University of Nottingham and TWI Ltd, our industrial members include some of the UK’s major global manufacturers.
We provide a high quality environment for the development of cutting edge technologies into manufacturing processes with the aim of delivering truly innovative solutions to UK industry.
The MTC is an open access centre. We provide a flexible approach to working with companies of all sizes from SMEs to Tier 1s and large OEMs supplemented by a membership scheme which creates a collaborative research programme.
Prime Minister praises the Manufacturing Technology Centre's work with apprentices
Prime Minister David Cameron has paid tribute to the work of the pioneering Manufacturing Technology Centre in Coventry
Productiv becomes Manufacturing Technology Centre's 60th Member
Productiv, the advanced automotive engineering company, has become the 60th member of the pioneering Manufacturing Technology Centre
Chancellor announces £60 million to make UK world leader in Aerospace Technology
The Chancellor, George Osborne has announced £60million of new funding for the development of new high-tech aerospace technology at the Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC) in Coventry.
BBC Technology News Feed: www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology/
- BBC: Mt Gox wins US bankruptcy protection
- BBC: 'Bitcoin creator' denies involvement
- BBC: Samsung launches free music streaming
- BBC: Slow broadband 'damaging education'
- BBC: Abortion provider hit by data fine
- BBC: How MH370.com ended up on eBay
- BBC: Twitter bans porn on Vine app
- BBC: Turkey PM warns social media sites
- BBC: Europol warning over wi-fi hotspots
- BBC: Facebook's WhatsApp purchase opposed
- BBC: Snowden warns of web's 'dark arts'
- BBC: eBay cuts chief exec's pay in half
- BBC: Google: Android for wearables coming
- BBC: Hackers steal data from MtGox boss
- BBC: New mobile payment plan gathers pace
- BBC: 'Internet of things' funding pledge
- BBC: Trust in the internet 'now missing'
- BBC: Do skiing apps encourage dangerous behaviour?
- BBC: VIDEO: Tech review: This week's headlines
- BBC: Boston battles to be Silicon Valley
- BBC: Helping feed the world with big data
- BBC: VIDEO: The model who dreams in code
- BBC: Sniffing out cancer with electronic noses
- BBC: Electric cars: No longer the exception?
- BBC: Bad guys v the data defenders
- BBC: VIDEO: 'Electronic lollipop' simulates taste
- BBC: AUDIO: Hitchhiker's Guide video game returns
- BBC: VIDEO: Panels and parties at SXSW
- BBC: VIDEO: 'Spying setting fire to internet'
- BBC: VIDEO: How to protect your photos online
- BBC: VIDEO: Smartphones meet polaroid at SXSW
- BBC: VIDEO: Could robots help children with autism?
- BBC: VIDEO: Tech that aims to boost performance
- BBC: AUDIO: Moss used as a 'biological solar panel'
- BBC: VIDEO: Do skiing apps encourage risk taking?
*Denotes required form fields.
"The MTC has given me the opportunity to further my career learn new innovative skills and I can’t wait to see what the future holds. "
Research Technician, Workshop