Challenging the boundaries of manufacturing
The MTC represents one of the largest public sector investments in manufacturing for many years and is housed in a 12,000 square metre purpose built facility at Ansty Park, Coventry. The centre opened in 2011 and was founded by the University of Birmingham, Loughborough University, the University of Nottingham and TWI Ltd, our industrial members include some of the UK’s major global manufacturers.
We provide a high quality environment for the development of cutting edge technologies into manufacturing processes with the aim of delivering truly innovative solutions to UK industry.
The MTC is an open access centre. We provide a flexible approach to working with companies of all sizes from SMEs to Tier 1s and large OEMs supplemented by a membership scheme which creates a collaborative research programme.
MTC team take Minis across Italy for charity
A team of graduates and apprentices from the Manufacturing Technology Centre in Coventry are recreating scenes from the classic Michael Caine film “The Italian Job” after restoring three classic Minis and taking them across Italy.
General Motors becomes latest member of the MTC
General Motors, one of the world’s largest car manufacturers, has become the latest member of the pioneering Manufacturing Technology Centre in Coventry.
Kennametal is the latest MTC Member
Kennametal Inc., a global industrial technology leader specializing in innovative wear-resistant products has become the latest member of the MTC
BBC Technology News Feed: www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology/
- BBC: Hailo says Uber blocked investors
- BBC: Microsoft smartphones to drop Nokia
- BBC: Madeley rape threats complaint filed
- BBC: Nasa shares free sounds from space
- BBC: Would you 'beg' to pay for Tinder?
- BBC: Man guilty of fake-girl webcam sex
- BBC: Students build Oculus Moon robot
- BBC: Yahoo profits surge on Alibaba sale
- BBC: Piracy police to be given more money
- BBC: Google offers new email app, Inbox
- BBC: The Queen sends her first tweet
- BBC: Dark Souls II named game of the year
- BBC: Job centres to get digital makeover
- BBC: 'Anti-Facebook' investors dig deep
- BBC: US 'probes hackable' medical devices
- BBC: Online abuse 'hits 40% of adults'
- BBC: Zuckerberg's Chinese gets mixed reviews
- BBC: Audi claims self-drive speed record
- BBC: Saudi cleric: Twitter source of evil
- BBC: Silicon Valley's billion dollar failures
- BBC: Are robots too cute for comfort?
- BBC: Search for world's smartest city
- BBC: Can TechNorth take off?
- BBC: Will we podcast in virtual reality?
- BBC: VIDEO: Creating a $110 earthquake detector
- BBC: Tablet tennis a game-changer for WTA
- BBC: VIDEO: Can technology plug NHS funding gap?
- BBC: VIDEO: Future-gazing at TechCrunch London
- BBC: VIDEO: Using Facebook to get a pay rise
- BBC: VIDEO: App helps you wake up with a stranger
- BBC: VIDEO: Playing music with your brain
- BBC: AUDIO: Is technology killing old loved books?
- BBC: VIDEO: Information Age exhibition opens
- BBC: VIDEO: Meet your virtual girlfriend
- BBC: VIDEO: Scientists create real hoverboard
- BBC: VIDEO: The smartphone that answers back
*Denotes required form fields.
"It has been a life changing experience to work with MTC since my graduation. The chance to work on leading projects with nice and intelligent colleagues in a modern R&D environment has been great. I don't regret joining!"
Research Engineer - Net Shape Manufacturing