Challenging the boundaries of manufacturing
The MTC represents one of the largest public sector investments in manufacturing for many years and is housed in a 12,000 square metre purpose built facility at Ansty Park, Coventry. The centre opened in 2011 and was founded by the University of Birmingham, Loughborough University, the University of Nottingham and TWI Ltd, our industrial members include some of the UK’s major global manufacturers.
We provide a high quality environment for the development of cutting edge technologies into manufacturing processes with the aim of delivering truly innovative solutions to UK industry.
The MTC is an open access centre. We provide a flexible approach to working with companies of all sizes from SMEs to Tier 1s and large OEMs supplemented by a membership scheme which creates a collaborative research programme.
Kennametal is the latest MTC Member
Kennametal Inc., a global industrial technology leader specializing in innovative wear-resistant products has become the latest member of the MTC
BAE Systems becomes Manufacturing Technology Centre’s latest Tier One Member
BAE Systems, the global defence and aerospace leader, has become the latest member of the Manufacturing Technology Centre.
Alicona joins Manufacturing Technology Centre
A world leader in form and roughness measurement and metrology has become the latest member of the pioneering Manufacturing Technology Centre in Coventry.
BBC Technology News Feed: www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology/
- BBC: NSA and GCHQ agents 'leak Tor bugs'
- BBC: HP's sales inch up but profit falls
- BBC: Amazon in Shanghai e-commerce pact
- BBC: HTC unveils cheaper Windows M8 phone
- BBC: Google cars 'designed to speed'
- BBC: Camouflage sheet inspired by octopus
- BBC: Internet-hit near miss biker guilty
- BBC: Pentagon researches hi-tech tank
- BBC: Google removes 12 BBC News links
- BBC: Hospital hack 'exploited Heartbleed'
- BBC: Aircraft to have 'human-like skin'
- BBC: UK's 'most generous town' revealed
- BBC: Social network cannot stop IS posts
- BBC: UPS branches hit by data breach
- BBC: Spy camera cash machine gang jailed
- BBC: Taxi firm Uber to deliver groceries
- BBC: Lineker hits out at Twitter trolls
- BBC: Samsung-made Nook tablet announced
- BBC: VIDEO: 'Whizz up hills' on fast e-bike
- BBC: VIDEO: How to become a virtual bird
- BBC: VIDEO: Hacker conference - behind the scenes
- BBC: Can online battle with extremists be won?
- BBC: The man 'behind a million babies'
- BBC: 'Video-less' 3D game made for blind players
- BBC: Paying for life's basics by Bitcoin
- BBC: How to hack the net-connected home
- BBC: Windows XP upgrade proves tricky
- BBC: Galileo: We know where you are
- BBC: Struggle to keep Tor in the shadows
- BBC: VIDEO: Can the new Nook take on Kindle?
- BBC: VIDEO: Google boss on taking down videos
- BBC: VIDEO: Tor Project 'gets cyberspy leaks'
- BBC: VIDEO: What jobs will robots take over?
- BBC: VIDEO: Swarming robots shuffle into shape
- BBC: VIDEO: Tech review: This week's headlines
- BBC: VIDEO: The 'house of hacking horrors'
- BBC: VIDEO: Video games made for blind players
*Denotes required form fields.
"It has been a life changing experience to work with MTC since my graduation. The chance to work on leading projects with nice and intelligent colleagues in a modern R&D environment has been great. I don't regret joining!"
Research Engineer - Net Shape Manufacturing