Challenging the boundaries of manufacturing
The MTC represents one of the largest public sector investments in manufacturing for many years and is housed in a 12,000 square metre purpose built facility at Ansty Park, Coventry. The centre opened in 2011 and was founded by the University of Birmingham, Loughborough University, the University of Nottingham and TWI Ltd, our industrial members include some of the UK’s major global manufacturers.
We provide a high quality environment for the development of cutting edge technologies into manufacturing processes with the aim of delivering truly innovative solutions to UK industry.
The MTC is an open access centre. We provide a flexible approach to working with companies of all sizes from SMEs to Tier 1s and large OEMs supplemented by a membership scheme which creates a collaborative research programme.
Kennametal is the latest MTC Member
Kennametal Inc., a global industrial technology leader specializing in innovative wear-resistant products has become the latest member of the MTC
BAE Systems becomes Manufacturing Technology Centre’s latest Tier One Member
BAE Systems, the global defence and aerospace leader, has become the latest member of the Manufacturing Technology Centre.
Alicona joins Manufacturing Technology Centre
A world leader in form and roughness measurement and metrology has become the latest member of the pioneering Manufacturing Technology Centre in Coventry.
BBC Technology News Feed: www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology/
- BBC: EU commissioner: Nude celebs 'dumb'
- BBC: Cheryl Cole web links 'most dangerous'
- BBC: Ex-MI6 head warns over tracking apps
- BBC: Threat posed by voice activation
- BBC: Thousands unable to renew car tax
- BBC: Thailand's ex-PM develops food robot
- BBC: Thousands flock to 'anti-Facebook'
- BBC: Snoop Dogg's cash for Reddit users
- BBC: Counterfeit Xbox One makers charged
- BBC: Airlines told to replace cockpit kit
- BBC: Angry Birds maker to cut 130 jobs
- BBC: Facebook apologises to drag queens
- BBC: Japan in $617bn 'fat finger' error
- BBC: Microsoft unveils Windows 10 system
- BBC: ARM creates new operating system
- BBC: UK legalises music and film ripping
- BBC: Age ratings to start on music videos
- BBC: Google Glass used by airport staff
- BBC: Will our cities be congestion-free?
- BBC: VIDEO: Can Microsoft's Xbox conquer China?
- BBC: VIDEO: Girl gets 3D-printed prosthetic hand
- BBC: Job hunting the big data way
- BBC: VIDEO: Could VR help build better cities?
- BBC: The 'click-bait' internet firm
- BBC: VIDEO: Students travel by robotic sofa
- BBC: VIDEO: Bomb-makers tracked via sewers
- BBC: VIDEO: Why web inventor 'pays his way' online
- BBC: VIDEO: App helps you wake up with a stranger
- BBC: VIDEO: Playing music with your brain
- BBC: VIDEO: Smartphone beacons beckon you
- BBC: VIDEO: Role of social media in HK protests
- BBC: VIDEO: Sigourney Weaver talks Alien: Isolation
- BBC: VIDEO: How does HK protesters' app work?
- BBC: VIDEO: Windows 10 'brings back familiarity'
*Denotes required form fields.
"It has been a life changing experience to work with MTC since my graduation. The chance to work on leading projects with nice and intelligent colleagues in a modern R&D environment has been great. I don't regret joining!"
Research Engineer - Net Shape Manufacturing