Challenging the boundaries of manufacturing
The MTC represents one of the largest public sector investments in manufacturing for many years and is housed in a 12,000 square metre purpose built facility at Ansty Park, Coventry. The centre opened in 2011 and was founded by the University of Birmingham, Loughborough University, the University of Nottingham and TWI Ltd, our industrial members include some of the UK’s major global manufacturers.
We provide a high quality environment for the development of cutting edge technologies into manufacturing processes with the aim of delivering truly innovative solutions to UK industry.
The MTC is an open access centre. We provide a flexible approach to working with companies of all sizes from SMEs to Tier 1s and large OEMs supplemented by a membership scheme which creates a collaborative research programme.
Prime Minister praises the Manufacturing Technology Centre's work with apprentices
Prime Minister David Cameron has paid tribute to the work of the pioneering Manufacturing Technology Centre in Coventry
Productiv becomes Manufacturing Technology Centre's 60th Member
Productiv, the advanced automotive engineering company, has become the 60th member of the pioneering Manufacturing Technology Centre
Chancellor announces £60 million to make UK world leader in Aerospace Technology
The Chancellor, George Osborne has announced £60million of new funding for the development of new high-tech aerospace technology at the Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC) in Coventry.
BBC Technology News Feed: www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology/
- BBC: NYPD Twitter campaign 'backfires'
- BBC: Reddit revolt over censored posts
- BBC: 'World's fastest' lift to be built
- BBC: UK scares sports piracy site offline
- BBC: Netflix reports rise in profits
- BBC: Cyborg glasses express fake emotions
- BBC: Facebook boss wants women to act
- BBC: VIDEO: Aircraft factory's technology role
- BBC: Airbnb in court over housing laws
- BBC: Russian social network founder fired
- BBC: Game-maker Zynga in widening loss
- BBC: Facebook earnings surge on mobile ads
- BBC: Apple profits beat expectations
- BBC: Robot portable printer secures cash
- BBC: Tesco Broadband faces double fault
- BBC: Google refunding buyers of fake app
- BBC: Future of the net debated in Brazil
- BBC: Amazon and HBO sign streaming deal
- BBC: Graphene 'made with kitchen blender'
- BBC: VIDEO: Hackathon brings new sounds to life
- BBC: Forget Silicon Valley, meet Silicon Bali
- BBC: VIDEO: Hands-on with Microsoft's Cortana
- BBC: Back to the future with Isaac Asimov
- BBC: Big risk for small firms losing data
- BBC: Where Wall Street met Silicon Valley
- BBC: In pictures: Beijing Auto Show
- BBC: Netflix battles for big budget TV
- BBC: 'Friendly' drone flies on dog leash
- BBC: VIDEO: Is this India's first social media election?
- BBC: VIDEO: The return of 'bedroom' programming
- BBC: VIDEO: NYPD's twitter campaign backfires
- BBC: VIDEO: Turning the world into an orchestra
- BBC: VIDEO: One man's bid to make kindness cool
- BBC: VIDEO: Actress writes her own happy ending
- BBC: VIDEO: Autistic workers get chance to shine
- BBC: VIDEO: Will robots put us all out of work?
- BBC: VIDEO: Robot chefs take over restaurant
*Denotes required form fields.
"The reason why I still get up with a buzz every morning is I feel that we as a company are continually striving for excellence in all aspects of what we do, which not only improves my own performance, but that of the whole workforce around me. "