Challenging the boundaries of manufacturing
The MTC represents one of the largest public sector investments in manufacturing for many years and is housed in a 12,000 square metre purpose built facility at Ansty Park, Coventry. The centre opened in 2011 and was founded by the University of Birmingham, Loughborough University, the University of Nottingham and TWI Ltd, our industrial members include some of the UK’s major global manufacturers.
We provide a high quality environment for the development of cutting edge technologies into manufacturing processes with the aim of delivering truly innovative solutions to UK industry.
The MTC is an open access centre. We provide a flexible approach to working with companies of all sizes from SMEs to Tier 1s and large OEMs supplemented by a membership scheme which creates a collaborative research programme.
MTC proud to pioneer National Apprenticeship Colleges
The pioneering Manufacturing Technology Centre is proud to be in the vanguard of the National Apprenticeship College programme. The £36million Advanced Manufacturing Training Centre being built next to Coventry’s Manufacturing Technology Centre is the first to adopt the National College approach.
MTC helps HVM Catapult bring innovations to the market
New video showing how the High Value Manufacturing Catapult benefits UK manufacturing businesses of all sizes
MTC recognised as a top apprentice employer
The Manufacturing Technology Centre in Coventry has been listed as one of the top apprenticeship employers in the UK, a sought after accolade for the pioneering centre. The announcement was made at The Apprentice Awards at The Skills Show at the NEC.
BBC Technology News Feed: www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology/
- BBC: E-readers 'damage sleep and health'
- BBC: Millions deleted in Instagram purge
- BBC: China 'is against cyber attacks'
- BBC: Microsoft takes on tech scammers
- BBC: Internet problems hit food shoppers
- BBC: Blackberry in revenue slide
- BBC: 'Slenderman' accused to stand trial
- BBC: Apple 'deeply offended' by BBC story
- BBC: Booking.com fraud network revealed
- BBC: North Korea partially back online
- BBC: Cheap spyware used by stalkers
- BBC: Jail over Silk Road bitcoin deals
- BBC: Hack causes 'damage' at steel works
- BBC: Suspects deny 'sextorting' teenager
- BBC: Gadget insurance complaints rise
- BBC: S Korea holds cyber drill after hack
- BBC: VIDEO: The rise of 'selfie sticks'
- BBC: Google 2014: World Cup tops searches
- BBC: How GPS delivery is changing shopping
- BBC: VIDEO: How to pay for goods in a heartbeat
- BBC: The agents fighting online jihadists
- BBC: Tech that wants to get inside your head
- BBC: Hacker wars in the Ukraine conflict
- BBC: Digging for diversity in Botswana
- BBC: What is FBI evidence for North Korea hack attack?
- BBC: VIDEO: Visiting the doctor via the internet
- BBC: VIDEO: Testing Skype's real-time translator
- BBC: VIDEO: Festival celebrates indie gaming
- BBC: VIDEO: TV technology for the 2020 Olympics
- BBC: VIDEO: Testing out a hoverboard
- BBC: VIDEO: Is this the future of bionics?
- BBC: VIDEO: DIY electronics making home 'smart'
- BBC: VIDEO: 'Easy to hack companies like Sony'
- BBC: VIDEO: The dog with 3D printed legs
*Denotes required form fields.
"The MTC has been an excellent, supportive partner working with us on delivering virtual manufacturing capabilities, and creating immersive collaborative learning environments by jointly deploying the latest technologies in their state of the art facility."