Working at the heart of engineering innovation
It's important that you feel challenged by the opportunities that lie ahead in your career. Here at the MTC we are looking for extraordinary undergraduate engineers ready to solve the engineering challenges of tomorrow.
Industry is changing. Manufactured goods are becoming more complex and intuitive, industry demands people who aren't afraid to challenge existing perceptions. The MTC Graduate Research Engineers are team players, committed to a career in engineering and enthused by putting the MTC on the map as a centre of excellence.
"Leading my own project so early on in my career has been a fantastic opportunity to develop myself, as an engineer and as an employee for the MTC. The company is full of brilliant minds and respected engineers and to have the opportunity to bounce ideas off them has truly been a great start for me in full time employment." Liam Smith, Research Engineer, previously completed Graduate Programme at MTC
What we can offer?
There are clear benefits that you will gain from working at the MTC as we give you the chance to build a career in an exciting, thriving and innovative environment while at the same time helping you to gain an advantage over other graduates in the sector.
The MTC is the number one place to help maximise your career potential, with our two year graduate programme, for these simple reasons:
- We offer excellent services with the most up-to-date equipment, quality training and consultancy services
- You’ll be able to draw upon the experiences, on a daily basis, of leaders in academia and industry who are linked to the MTC
- There’s the chance to use state-of-the-art facilities in production, inspection and testing processes in a fantastic working environment
- You can express your skills by taking projects from concept stage to implementation
- An opportunity to work on ground-breaking research projects in an intellectually stimulating atmosphere
- The chance to work with world class manufacturers from around the world
- We offer support to gain professional registration at either IEng or CEng level, and the MTC will pay up to £250 a year towards your membership
- You'll be offered the chance to join the MTC's Engineering Doctorate scheme
- A competitive salary, 25 days annual leave, subsidised restaurant and a personal pension plan
- A genuinely exciting place to work where no two days are the same.
From recent graduates to experienced industry professionals, our technical workforce represents a healthy diversity of practical and theoretical knowledge, gained from projects and experiences across many different industries. Our people have the ability to contextualise complex problems and our engineers work across key areas to deliver solutions to industry. A culture of creativity, innovation and continuous improvement drives our work at the MTC. From your first day you will be part of a team of technicians, engineers and scientists that identify the mechanisms for groundbreaking solutions that drive competitive advantage.