This Senior Research Engineer role is based within the Materials Technology department of Component Manufacturing Technology.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Technical leadership of project and/or work package portfolio up to ~£1m, and of strategic initiatives
- To generate new project ideas in alignment with the theme’s strategy.
- To lead the development of proposals and the engagement with existing customers to win repeat business.
- Liaise with MT Product Development Manager and Technology Manager to keep them up to date with capability offerings and to identify business development opportunities
- To provide technical leadership, mentoring and coaching to other staff while undertaking training to progress your own career development.
- To work in accordance with MTC procedures as set out in the company’s Business Management System, compliant with ISO9001:2008.
- Provide technical support to all REs, AREs and SREs
- Adhere to MTC’s Health and Safety policies in full;
- Adopt the MTC’s RIGHT practices in the work place.
The ideal candidate will have:
- MSc or PhD/EngD in Mechanical engineering, design, or relevant Engineering degree
Practical knowledge of:
- Bespoke design and machine integration knowledge
- CAD packages
Theoretical knowledge of:
- Casting processes, materials and applications.
- Powder-binder formulations for making slurries and feedstock materials for powder metallurgy processes and applications.
- Powder sintering processes and applications.